I love simple and easy salads that are full of flavor and ready in a few minutes like this raw red beet salad. Uncooked beets are less sweet and earthy than they are when boiled or roasted. So even those who do not like that earthy, rooty flavor will like this version. Buy organic beets (or grow your own) and use a good mustard and a high quality olive oil.
- 4 small red beets
- 2 green apples (Granny Smith)
- 75g feta
- 4 sprigs fresh mint leaves,
And for the dressing
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel the beets and the apples and grate them. (this can be a bit messy if you grate them by hand)
- Cut the feta in small cubes or just crumble it.
- Finely chop the mint leaves.
- Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Make a vinaigrette and pour over the vegetables.
- Mix well and enjoy.