Everyone loves a good pasta salad. This version is very tasty and can be prepared in no time at all because you’ll find most of the ingredients in your pantry. I like drying the cherry tomatoes in the oven, but you can use storebought semi-dried cherry tomatoes just as well.Everyone in my household loves this pasta salad. It is cold and fresh and wonderful. And simple and plain and delicious.
- 500 g penne
- 80 g pitted black olives
- 150 g semi-dried tomatoes (Antipasti brand Delhaize)
- 30 g fresh basil
- 3 leaves wild garlic (optional as you can only find these in the early spring)
- 2 sprigs of olive herb (optional)
- 75 g pecorino planed (not grated)
- Cook the pasta a little past al dente, rinse with cold water until cool and let drain.
- Halve the semi-dried cherry tomatoes.
- Cut the olives into rings. (but you can just as well give them a rough chop)
- Finely chop the wild garlic, the olive herb and the basil. There’s nothing like fresh basil.The fragrance fills the entire kitchen.
- Mix the cooled pasta with the herbs, the olives and the tomatoes and add 2 tbsp of the oil of the tomatoes.
(If you dry the tomatoes in the oven, add 1 tsp of provencal herbs and 2 tbsp of olive oil)
- Shave the pecorino into thin slices and mix through the salad.
- Finish off with some basil leaves, olive spice and (edible) wild garlic flowers.