Apricots are those beautifully orange colored fruits full of beta-carotene and fiber that are one of the first signs of summer. Smooth and sweet but not too juicy. They pair wonderfully with lavender and walnuts, and that’s exactly what you’ll find in this breakfast.
I made an apricot-lavender cream, added a layer of popped quinoa & amaranth, chopped walnuts,homemade yoghurt and an “apricot rose”. Make sure you have culinary lavender flowers. Although most varieties of lavender can be used in cooking, some varieties are more widely used, such as Lavandula angustifolia. These lavenders have the sweetest fragrance among all species of lavender, which creates flavor in cooking.
- 4 fresh apricots
- 125 ml rice milk ( or any other plant based milk)
- 1/2 tsp culinary lavender flowers (make sure not to use too much as that will give your cream a bitter taste)
- 1 tbsp starch
- 1 tbsp agar agar
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Combine milk and lavender flowers in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat and let it cool down.
- Pass cool milk through a sieve and put a blender together with the apricots , lemon juice, ahar agar and agave syrup.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pass through a fine sieve and pour into a saucepan.
- Add the starch and stir until dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continuously and boil for 2 minutes.
- Let cool until lukewarm and then pour it into jars. Place in the refrigerator overnight and layer it with toppings of your choice the next morning.