There is nothing better than a fresh side dish when it’s really hot outside. This double pea and fennel salad tastes like spring. It’s a plate full of crispy spring vegetables. It takes not effort just good ingredients.
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into thin strips (reserve a few fronds for garnish)
- 5g fresh thyme
- 10 g fresh coriander
- 10 orange mint leaves
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Himalayan Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the oil, honey, orange juice and lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut fennel in half lengthwise along the bulb and cut them in very thin slices using a mandoline.
- Blanch the fresh peas and set aside to cool.
- Remove the tough strings from the cut into thin strips .
- Finely chop the cilantro, orange mint and remove the leaves from the thyme.
- Put everything in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Garnish with fennel fronds, orange mint and pea shoots.