When I make a salad that includes feta, I always end up with half a package of this yummy cheese in the fridge. But not any more. Now I make a yummy spread with it. It’s super easy to make and you van serve it with sliced vegetables and toasted pita wedges, or just spread it on some toast.
It’s one of the simplest recipes ever. Just a few ingredients, 2 minutes in the food processor, and there you go, you have the most amazing dip.
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp ricotta
- Zest from 1/2 organic lemon
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. dried basil
- 1/8 tsp.freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of dried chili flakes
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Spread the whipped feta cream on some toast, and top it with strawberries, honey and balsamic roasted rhubarb, some toasted sunflower seeds and some fresh mini basil.