I did not really like cauliflower when I was young as it was always served with béchamel sauce … there was really nothing tasty about it . But served raw, on the other hand, you can really taste the nutty aroma of it. What I really like is grinding the cauliflower into a kind of rice or couscous in the food processor. With a delicious dressing, you will have a super healthy salad with lots of vegetables in no time.
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 pomegranate
- handful Italian parsley
- 1 shallot
- 50 g cashew nuts, toasted
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 el. raspberry vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Himalayan salt
- Working in batches, run the cauliflower through the food processor until you get “rice”.
- Chop the shallot very finely and add to the cauliflower.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and add.
- Finely chop the parsley (leave a few twigs for garnish) and add.
- Chop the cashew nuts roughly and add.
- Make a dressing of the olive oil and raspberry vinegar, and add pepper and salt to taste.
- Toss everything together in a large bowl and give it a good stir.
- Finish with some sprigs of parsley, some pomegranate seeds and some roughly chopped nuts.