Using fresh chard leaves in place of the usual basil is a great way to enjoy this classic sauce in the summertime when the swiss chard is overtaking your garden.This pesto has no herbs in it at all and it is a real vegetable delight! You can use this pesto with pasta, grilled meat and fish or as a toast topping.
- 150g chopped swiss chard leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 40 g pine nuts
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 100g grated Grana Padano
- Place the chard, garlic, pine nuts, cheese ,olive oil and all the other ingredients into a blender, and pulse the ingredients until they are finely chopped and look like pesto sauce. If it remains to dry, add a bit more oil. Blend until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning with Himalayan salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Store the pesto in a covered container in the fridge for up to 4 days .