Raw zucchini can be a really dull ingredient, but when you slice it in thin ribbons and marinate them in lemon juice, it becomes really beautiful and tasty. It makes a great side dish for any BBQ, but you can also get very creative with the ribbons. The longer you let them marinate, the softer the zucchini will get.
- 1 small yellow zucchini
- 1 small green zucchini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Handful of fresh green herbs (chives, parsley, small burnet, chervil….)
- 1 small red chili pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- Slice the zucchini’s in thin ribbons.
- Make a marinade from the other ingredients and toss with the zucchini.
- Cover and refrigerate for half an hour until the ribbons are softened up a bit and really pliable.
- Drain the dish and sprinkle with fresh green herbs (parsley, chives, small burnet….), some chopped red chili and lemon zest if you serve it as a side dish. Just be creative .
- Place the marinated and drained ribbons on a cutting board, overlapping each other a bit. Trim off the edges.
- Put them on a plate and add some smoked trout, lumpfish caviar, cucumber, radishes, small burnet, chives flowers, society garlic flowers, starflowers, spring onions and nasturtium leaves to create a stunning looking dish.