This is a perfect end of summer side dish, using up the last cherry tomatoes from our garden. This recipe is based on the “Tomato and Basil bake” from Every Day with Rachael Ray June 2013. It is a dish you can make either for one person or for a massive crowd. It is a solid base, all you need is a green salad and you’re ready to eat!
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 black olives, chopped
- Himalayan Salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 quinoa flakes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tbsp. tomato powder
- 1 tbsp. black olive powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Combine the halved tomatoes with the black olives, minced garlic and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put is in an oven casserole and place in the oven for 20 minutes, till the tomatoes are softened.
- Combine the melted butter with the quinoa flakes and the tomato powder and sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- Broil for 30sec to 1minutes to form a yummy crust.
- Sprinkle with some black olive powder and the chopped basil.