Blueberry Banana Bread is one of the best recipes to make with very ripe bananas. The bread is sweet, fluffy, tender, bursting with juicy blueberries and lemon flavor.
- 4 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 125g almond flour
- 75g oat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 10 drops blueberry extract (I buy them from a french company called Aroma-zone)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Grease a muffin tin or something similar with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add mashed bananas, blueberry and vanilla extract and the lemon zest and whisk until fully combined. If needed, use a spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Slowly add all the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix just until combined, careful not to over-mix, this is very important.
- Using a spatula, fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared moulds and bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Start checking at the 30 minute mark, and if still it needs to bake more, check on it every 5 minutes.