Feeling achy? Stuffy? Sore throat? Everybody knows that Honey Lemon Ginger Tea will help because:
- Ginger is anti-inflammatory, supports digestion, helps with motion sickness, reduces pain, rich in antioxidants, boosts immune system.
- Lemon is alkalizing, supports digestion, boosts immune system, rich in vitamin C
- Raw Honey is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, rich in antioxidants, strengthens immune system, anti-inflammatory.
But instead of making a fresh cup of tea a few times a day, I made this immune boosting ginger drink that can be stored in the fridge. This creamy drink is alcohol-free, super healthy and taste much better than alcoholic shots! It’s a bit strong, yes, but if needed you can dilute it with fresh apple juice. I take a shot glass of this drink, three times a day.
- 250 g fresh ginger
- 1,5 liter water
- juice of 4 lemons
- 100 g raw honey
- Grate the ginger and add it to a large saucepan, together with the water.
- Boil the mixture for 15 minutes and use your immersion blender to blend smooth.
- Simmer over medium heat and let the mixture reduce to half.
- Cool, pass through a fine mesh sieve and mix with the lemon juice and raw honey.
- Store the drink in the fridge. You can use it for up to a week. Shake before use.