It’s the end of november, and for the first time I participated in the monthly “foodblogswap” organised by a Dutch foodblogger group on facebook. The goal of this foodblogswap is cooking something from another blog, and promoting it this way through your own blog. It’s really fun!
This month I got to cook something from ElsaRblog, a colorful food and lifestyle blog with lots of inspiration, especially a lot of Diy’’s and recipe collections.
I chose the roasted pepper spread, a really savory spread or dip; easy to make but oh so good. I modified the quantities of some of the ingredients a bit, and added a bit of guaran to get a thicker spread.
- 1 jar grilled peppers 465 g
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 100 g feta cheese, chopped
- 2 tbsp. roasted pine nuts
- 1 tsp. guaran
- Himalayan Salt
- Black pepper
- Drain the grilled peppers and roughly chop them.
- Add them to a blender together with the other ingredients and blend till you get a smooth spread. If you prefer a chunkier spread, just stop blending a bit sooner.
- Mix it with some homemade mayonnaise to make a light spread that pairs perfectly with roasted chicken or roast beef on a sandwich.
- Mix into hummus. Délicieux!
- Grill fish with a spoonful on top for flavor!