If you love a healthy breakfast for your family, than this granola is for you. It is crunchy, has a real nutty flavor and it is kept pretty basic, so you can combine it with almost anything. The base for this granola is buckwheat, which is a wonderful gluten free seed with a lovely crunchy texture. It is full of important nutrients like B vitamins, iron, magnesium, boron and calcium, and is highly alkalizing. I use avocado oil because its fatty acids are stable at high heat. Feel free to substitute with coconut oil (which I am not a big fan of) or an other vegetable oil you prefer.
- 1 1/2 cups raw buckwheat groats
- 1 cup chestnut flakes
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. cup avocado oil
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
(OPTIONAL : chopped nuts)
- Preheat oven to 165 °.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until fragrant and deep golden brown, stirring a bit near the halfway point to ensure even baking.
- Place the cooled granola in an airtight container. It can be stored for a month.
If you want you can add some dried fruit to your granola, or some small chunks of chocolate. I like my granola pretty basic, so I don’t add things to it.