Seafood and fruits are one of the best combinations. You can really surprise your guests with this refreshing and delicate scallop tartare with raspberries. The raw meat is a lot tenderer than the cooked scallops. Provided that you get very fresh scallops, the danger of bacterial or parasitic contamination is actually very low.
- 10 fresh scallops
- 1/2 kohlrabi
- 6 raspberries
- some basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- zest of /2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Black pepper
- Himalayan Salt
- Cut the scallops into very small pieces. (for easy cutting, place them in the freezer for 1/2 hour)
- Cut the kohlrabi and onion into a very small brunoise.
- Cut 4 raspberries into small pieces.
- Finely chop 3 basil leaves.
- In a small bowl, mix scallops with the kohlrabi, onion, basil, olive oil, lemon zest and juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix the raspberry pieces with the tartare.
- Use serving rings for plating, and garnish with some red onion, basil leaves, slices of raspberry and kohlrabi sticks.