I love all sorts of sandwich spreads made from seasonal vegetables. This creamy hummus-like spread made of green peas and pea sprouts ist simply delicious.
- 250 g fresh peas
- 12 fresh pea sprouts + some more for garnish
- 10 large basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 tsp. toasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add your peas and bring the pot down to a steady simmer. Let boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Once they’re done, drain them and rinse with cold water.
- Put the peas and all the other ingredients into a blender and blend till you get a really thick and creamy mixture. Add a bit of water if it is to dry.