This simple fennel and carrot salad is a really light and crunchy , that pairs wonderfully with some grilled fish.
- 4 large carrots orange
- 1 fennel bulb (Fennel fronds for serving)
- 1/4 cup pistachios
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- zest of 1 organic lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp dried mustard powder
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Himalayan Salt (to taste)
- Wash and peel the carrots and slice off their ends. Then, use a vegetable peeler to create thin shavings.
- Trim the base of the fennel and cut the bulb into quarters. Remove the core from each quarter. Holding a fennelquarter in one hand, run the peeler lengthwise a cut side of the quarter. Continue to shave the bulb in this manner until it becomes difficult to hold.
- Roughly chop up the pistachios.
- Combine the shavings; the lemon zest and the chopped pistachios in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad. Mix until well coated. Serve with fennel fronds on top.