This protein-rich buckwheat salad is packed with nutrients and can be enjoyed for lunch or as a side. To add a little extra flavor, you can crumble some feta on top.
- 150 g Buckwheat , uncooked
- 400 ml water
- ½ cucumber
- small can (65 g) black beans
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 3 spring onions
- 2 tbsp small capers
- 1 tbsp dried parsley (I dry it myself in the dehydrator, and crumble them after drying)
- 1 tsp dried wild garlic (I dry it myself in the dehydrator, and crumble them after drying)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- black pepper
- Himalayan salt
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 organic lemon
- Rinse the buckwheat groats and place them in a small sauce pan. Add the water, a pinch of salt and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium and simmer for a further 12 minutes. If you like the buckwheat to be really tender, it might take longer.
- Drain and let cool.
- Wash and cut the vegetables into bite–size pieces.
- Transfer them into a bowl, together with the capers and the cooled buckwheat.
- In a small bowl,whisk together olive oil, lemon peel and juice, salt, pepper, wild garlic, parsley and oregano.
- Pour the dressing on the salad and toss to combine.