I love crackers for breakfast, or as a snack in between, and no better crackers then those you make yourselves. For a punch in the flavor department and a stunning green red colour, I added freshly pressed red beets to them.
- 20 g chia seeds
- 80 ml of fresh beetroot juice
- 1 tbsp. beetroot powder
- 50 g almond meal (preferably freshly grounded from “soaked and dehydrated” almonds)
- 75 g sunflower seeds, roughly chopped
- a pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients together, and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes, until the mix starts to go clumpy, but not too thick. The chia seeds will act as a binder.
- Spread the batter onto the teflex sheets of your dehydrator about 1/4″ thick, score the crackers to the desired size with a pizza cutter or knife. Press gently, you don’t want to cut your teflex sheet.
- Dehydrate at 63°C for 1 hour, then reduce to 46°C for 5 hours or until dry enough to remove from the teflex and place directly on the mesh sheets to continue the drying process. I usually just let them dry overnight.
- Store in an airtight container.