This is a light and delicious salad, perfect for lunch or as a side dish with some grilled meat or fish. It is quickly assembled and only has some easily available ingredients.
- 1 kohlrabi
- 1cup green seedless grapes
- 2 carrots
- 4 spring onions
- 100 g small bitter greens such as mizuna or arugula
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 30 ml olive oil
- 10 ml walnut oil
- 15 ml white wine vinegar
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Himalayan Salt (to taste)
- Peel the kohlrabi and thinly slice it using a mandolin.
- Peel the carrots and use a julienne cutter to cut them into ribbons.
- Cut the spring onions in thin rings.
- Cut the grapes in thin slices.
- Mix greens, kohlrabi, carrots,onions and chopped up walnuts in a large bowl.
- Make a dressing of the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss the ingredients together until everything is well coated.