For this months foodblogswap I got to cook from “Piens keuken”, a Dutch blog filled with pure and easy recipes. I chose to make the chicory salad. With these summer temperatures it is always nice to eat a delicious salad. You do not have to stand in the kitchen all that long and with these ingredients every bite is a party. You taste a different combination with every bite. Sweet peach, bitter chicory, salty prosciutto, spicy cilantro.
- 4 sprigs of chicory
- 6 spring onions
- 6 wild peaches
- 200 gr Prosciutto di Parma
- ½ head of iceberg lettuce
- 100 gr feta
- small bunch of cilantro
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (I used homemade nasturtium infused apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- Black pepper and Himalayan salt to taste
- To crisp the prosciutto, arrange the slices in one layer, without overlapping, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in a 180°C oven for 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the prosciutto stay in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool, then break into shards.
- Cut the chicory, spring onion, coriander and iceberg lettuce in small pieces.
- Make a dressing with the oil, vinegar, honey and mustard in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix the sliced vegetables with the dressing.
- Crumble the feta and add to the salad.
- Cut the peach into thick slices and place them onto a heated grill pan. Grill for about 2 minutes on each side, or until peaches start to soften just a little and grill marks form.
- Layer them on top of the salad, together with the crispy bacon.